|Upcoming NCCCO Exams
Upcoming CCO Exams
Crane Written Exams:
Test Center Testing (TCT): Candidates can take their written exams at testing centers that are located throughout the country. Visit the CCO website to sign up and after payment is received, you will be able to schedule a location, date, and time to visit a testing center.
Online Proctored Testing (OPT): Candidates can now take the CCO written exams in the luxury of their own home! Visit the CCO website to find out if your personal computer meets the technical requirements and to learn more about this new option.
Crane Practical Exams:
July-September Seat Time & Testing (Call to Schedule at 509-968-3203, ext. 801)
Rigger /Signal Person Exams:
First Time Certification: Candidates will need to pass both a written and practical exam to gain certification. The Training Center offers training classes throughout the year to help prepare for the certification testing. FREE training study books can be sent out to qualifying members from Local 302/612 only. Contact the Training Office for more information.
Recertifying: Candidates that already have the certification, but wish to recertify before their expiration date will need to take a Rigger written exam and a Signal Person practical exam. Candidates can sign up and take their Rigger written exam through a variety of options on the NCCCO website. Candidates needing to schedule their practical exam can contact the Training Center and the examiner will schedule a date and time to test at a Local Union Hall. Don't wait until the last minute to recertify!
|Test Center Testing (TCT)
Test Center Testing (TCT)
Test Center Testing (TCT) allows candidates to take CCO written exams at a testing center via computer. Benefits of TCT include:
- Flexibility in scheduling and rescheduling
- Immediate score reporting*
- No late application or rescheduling fees
Candidates may schedule exams at their convenience by logging onto their myCCO Portal and clicking “Schedule or Manage My Exams.” Candidates must schedule exams at least two days prior to testing.
What Does TCT Look Like?
Candidates take exams via a computer at TCT authorized test sites. Exams that require supplements (e.g., load charts) or calculators have these available on-screen. In place of scratch paper, candidates may use a physical whiteboard/dry erase board up to 8.5 in. x 11 in. or an on-screen whiteboard that is built into the exam.
How to Apply
- Go to my.ccocert.org and login or register for an account.
- Once logged in, submit an online application and pay for the exam(s).
- Allow two business days for your application to be processed.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a scheduling authorization email. Exams you’ve been approved to take will show in the myCCO portal and mobile app as “Upcoming Exams.”
- Log into your myCCO portal to schedule the date, time, and location of the exam.
- Once scheduled, you will receive a CCO appointment confirmation.
Page Last Updated: Oct 26, 2023 (12:18:00)